Virtual Assistant Editor
Mommy Jobs Online (https://mommyjobsonline.com) is looking for an online Virtual Assistant Editor for our busy, entertainment-focused newsroom. This person will oversee our growing editorial team, who are focused on creating unique, shareable content on the themes of film, TV, entertainment, and new media. The right candidate will oversee the blue-sky editorial strategy for the company, as well as managing day-to-day operations of the publication.
The Assistant Editor will work hand-in-hand with the company directors, senior managers, partners, and editorial team to assure the highest level of content is produced to our tight deadlines.
We work with amazing, storied clients and new emerging technologies & agencies.
CAN YOU SAY YES TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS?
- Are you:
- a film & TV obsessive?
- high achiever? Do you have a proven track record of delivering exceptional results (in your last role, at university, on your personal projects)?
- a dedicated lifelong learner and looking for a new challenge?
- willing to do whatever it takes to achieve results?
- able to prioritize your workload?
- Do you:
- understand the way the film & TV industries works?
- know how to use web searches to learn new skills?
- think change in Hollywood is long overdue?
- Oversee editorial team-setting deadlines and host daily scrum meetings.
- Review trending news and assign features to writers.
- Manage production of daily newsletter, including liaising with sponsors & partners.
- Make sure all features & newsletters go out on time.
- Analyze all available data to create writer assignments.
- Set measurable goals for teams.
- Recruit new writers & video creators.
- Ensure all content has been promoted via all available tools.
- Create detailed editorial calendars based on all available data.
- Plan editorial strategically considering the long view.
- Conceptualize new & innovative ways to tell stories across our media platforms.
- Fact-check, proofread, and edit copy where needed.
- Liaise with marketing team to boost sales & revenue.
- Monitor staff performance and give relevant feedback.
- Work with online advertising platforms to monetize our content.
- Work with our social media team to create viral content.
- Manage a team of interns.
PAY: $25.00 hr
TO BECOME AN AGENT:
*Apply at https://mommyjobsonline.com and click on Join Now and select the Professional Remote Job Bank Registry to get connected to our remote customer service job positions.
Please reference agent ID code MJOLTanyaPhilip when you register online.
If you have further questions please contact us at 1 (405) 418 - 6160.
Computer, Internet, and home office set-up
Skills or Expertise
The ideal candidate must possess...
- Past experience running or assisting the editor of a successful online magazine
- 3+ years experience in a media company
- Experience working with online advertising agencies & aggregators
- Proven track record of editorial skills, with a portfolio and references to back it up
- Deep understanding of online magazines
- WordPress admin skills
- Deep understanding of social media and its relation to online publishing
- Encyclopedic knowledge of film & TV
- Stoic, can-do attitude
- Proofreading and copy editing skills
- Clear understanding of journalistic ethics & legal principles
- Experience in strategic planning and management
- Great attention to detail
- High motivation
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent team leadership skills with experience motivating teams and influencing key stakeholders
- Experience with: photo- and video-editing software and real-time social reporting
- Fluency in sourcing stock images & videos
- Understanding of the importance of community
- Love of the internet & technology
- Understanding of the digital landscape, being ahead of new developments
- Demonstrated ability to drive strategy and make smart business decisions